This is a summary of how we use information about you when you use our websites, make donations, get involved in our fundraising and campaigns or when you get in touch with us.
We will use your information for a number of purposes, including the following:
- To send you newsletters, text marketing or fundraising ideas
- To process your donation, payment or refunds.
- Just Giving platform will forward all donations [minus 2.9% + £0.25 per donation] directly to the chosen beneficiaries
- Donr platform will forward all donations [minus 6%] to Ceangail who will make [equal] payments by BACS to the chosen beneficiaries.
- To promote our fundraising and charitable aims.
- To contact you about any queries you make.
- To allow us to better understand you and our fundraiser base and to tailor and personalise our communications with you to your specific interests or preferences.
- To keep the information we hold about you accurate and up-to-date by checking information held by other organisations like Experian and Royal Mail.
- To create and review statistics which will help us to run our fundraising efforts and comply with the laws and regulations that apply to both our 3rd sector organisations.
We will never sell your personal information or share it with other parties for their own marketing purposes. However, we can’t run our charity or fundraise without involving other people. We may share your information with:
- Other people who help us provide our events, websites, donation platforms (such as justgiving and Donr), payment processors (such as PayPal and Stripe), marketing, PR, market research and the other events and services we provide.
- Organisations who help us to keep the information we hold about you accurate and up-to-date such as Experian and Royal Mail.
There may also be times when we need to share your information in order to comply with the law or investigate any allegation of wrongdoing which may involve your information being shared with the police, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies. If there are issues which require advice from our lawyers, accountants and other professionals, we may share some of your personal information with them, but only when it is absolutely necessary for them to advise us.
We will always seek to store your personal information in the UK. However, on some occasions, the information we collect may be transferred to suppliers who may store and use such data at premises in other countries. We will always ensure that we maintain appropriate safeguards with our suppliers so that your personal information is subject to the same standards and protections as apply to us when we are processing your personal information in the UK.
You can stop all communications from us about our newsletters, text marketing, fundraising campaigns and events at any time by using the “unsubscribe” details we include in each communication or by getting in touch.